Monday, June 29, 2009

Remembering Michael Jackson

I've been catching up with the news about Michael Jackson's death, listening to his songs. I still remember the first MJ's song I heard--Heal the World--when I was in primary school and my brother was a crazy fan of him. There are so many MJ songs that I like, Black or White, Jam, Remember the Time, You are not alone... an endless list and all the MTVs were incredibly amazing, especially in the 90s.

And I was wondering, why is it that famous people always die young? Like Elvis Presley. Yesterday I was watching CNN news that include phone interviews with people close to MJ. Celine Dion's words struck me: "He died because of the stress he faced." Indeed. Such as the transformation of him from being a black to someone ambiguous. Somehow I felt lucky I am just an ordinary folk.

He will always be remembered.


Heal The World - Michael Jackson

No comments: