Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy 44th birthday Singapore!



We had a mini national day celebration at the squadron today. There's a colouring contest for kids, and rachelle was extremely disappointed that she did not won the top 3 prizes. (She always expect herself to be the best.. haiz..) Other than that, food was almost gone by the time I felt like having a bite. Nevertheless, I was lucky enough to spot one roast duck drumstick in the midst of duck bones in a tray. =)

After the celebration, I headed to Pris' house to watch her bake coffee chiffon cake, albeit been unsuccessful the two times she tried. But viola, it worked this time! I can't wait to try baking my own first pandan chiffon cake! Anyway, she offered us dinner, and it was so yummilicious.. Even though the dishes are just jia chang bian fan (aka simple home cooked dishes, I had onion eggs and napa cabbage cooked with bacon), I was almost gobbling down my food, forgetting that I'm supposed to stick to my salad dinner. It felt so heart-warming to have someone to cook dinner for me! I miss those days..

Got back my grades for the 4 assignments I did for the statistics module. I was completely dumbfounded (with joy). The lowest I got is 88, and I had a perfect score for the third assignment! If I can ever remember, it's the first time ever I had a full mark for any assignment in my life! The first thing I did after reviewing my grades is to list that stats textbook on half.com! (That horrible book cost me almost 100 bucks!) I don't want to lay my eyes on it ever again. Bye bye stats..

No comments: